ON SOCIALISM - THINK ABOUT THIS
(from an email shown to me)
An economics professor made a statement that he had never failed a single student before but had recently failed an entire class! That class insisted that socialism worked because no one would be poor and no one would be rich - a great equaliser.
The professor then said: Let’s have an experiment. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one should fail and no one should receive an ‘A’.
After the 1st test the grades were averaged and everyone got a ‘B’. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who did little studying were happy. As the 2nd test rolled around the students who had done little studying studied even less and the ones who had studied hard decided they also wanted a free ride so they also studied less. The average for the 2nd test was a ‘D’ and no one was happy! When the 3rd test rolled around the average was an ‘F’.
As the tests proceeded the scores never increased as bickering, blaming and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else. To everyone’s great surprise ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism too would ultimately fail because when the reward is great the effort to succeed is great but when government takes all the reward away no one will try or want to succeed!
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. No government can give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they don’t have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, then that is the beginning of the end of any successful nation!